Who we are:
Accessible Arts & Media is a York-based inclusive arts charity. We champion and celebrate the skills and talents of local communities, young people and adults with disabilities and we have a vision for a more inclusive world where everyone gets the chance to shine.
What we do:
We’ve been delivering pioneering inclusive arts and media projects since 1982. Our projects help people to find their voice through creativity and to have that voice heard. The people who take part in our projects gain the skills and confidence to play an active role in their local community. And we all have a lot of fun!
People can choose from a range of projects, including:
- Hands & Voices – our singing and signing choir for adults with learning and communication difficulties
- AbleWeb – our community media training programme and website
- IMPs – our inclusive music project for children and young people
- Our Apprentice Programme where young people and adults with disabilities train to become workshop leaders
- A range of sensory activities, such as music, movement, arts and crafts, for people with more complex needs