Price: £5 for one poem or £8 for two poems
We invite you to submit work that is in response to the theme of
On The Edge: we want to reflect the feelings of our DAC members about this broad theme which is open to their own interpretation
The competition follows the same theme as this year’s DAC open exhibition
The winning poem will be awarded a prize of a voucher donated by Literature Wales redeemable against a 2019 writing course at Ty Newydd
Selected poems will be part of an e-publication
Please note: you must be a disabled person aged 16 or over, based in Wales and a DAC member to enter this competition. Membership is free for artists in Wales in all creative fields who identify as disabled people or those with long-term physical and/or mental health conditions. If you are not already a member, you can join at the same time as entering the competition or beforehand online or by contacting us at email@example.com
• If you have any access issues in relation to this competition please get in touch
You can enter by post , email or on our website
1. Poems can be in English or Welsh.
2. Poems should be on the theme of On the Edge They must be typed/clearly written and not longer than 40 lines.
3. Poems should be unpublished and must be your original work.
4. All poems are judged anonymously and should not bear your name, or any other form of identification. On a separate sheet of paper /in the body of your email you should give
a) your name and address,
b) title(s) of the poems submitted.
5. Up to 2 poems may be submitted on payment of the appropriate fee: £5 for one poem or £8 for 2. Cheques should be made payable to DISABILITY ARTS CYMRU.
6. A selection of poems will be chosen to be part of an e-publication.
Once entered, poems cannot be withdrawn from the competition. It is regretted that no entries can be returned, so keep a copy of your work.
The decision of the adjudicators will be final, and there can be no correspondence concerning the result. Please note this is a competition and there is no guarantee that your poetry will be chosen and the fee is non-refundable.
7. No alterations can be made to a poem once it has been submitted.
8. The winners will be notified by post or email by 1st March 2019.
9. Staff and board members of DAC are not eligible to enter.
10. There will be one prize of a voucher to the value of £450 redeemable against a 2019 writing course at Ty Newydd plus reasonable travel costs.
11. Entries should be addressed to: Disability Arts Cymru, Sbectrwm, Bwlch Rd, Fairwater, Cardiff CF5 3EF
Or through ‘Airtable’
Airtable can be found by clicking this link.
Copyright of all poems will remain with the authors, but by submitting work to this competition, you give Disability Arts Cymru permission to publish your poem/s online, in print and in any e-publication.
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES
21 JANUARY 2019
For more information
Tel: 02920 551 040
Disability Arts Cymru, Sbectrwm, Bwlch Road, Fairwater, Cardiff, CF5 3EF