Price: £12 per day or £8 concessions per day
A creative folk workshop for disabled young people (12-24 year olds), their siblings and friends.
Through a focus on folk music, song and dance, Get Your Folk On! courses offer young musicians and/or dancers the chance to:
– play music by ear – no sheet music here!
– explore harmonies, riffs, chord sequences and folk techniques
– create arrangements in small and big bands
– sing and explore folk song history and culture
– try new instruments or dance forms
– gain performance skills with final sharing events
Courses are friendly, flexible and responsive to all young people’s needs and abilities, led by a team of skilled and engaging folk educators. No previous folk experience is required and no two courses are the same!