Together! run a year-round programme of activities which include exhibitions and weekly and monthly Clubs, in addition to an enhanced summer programme and an annual festival in Disability History Month.
Clubs are aimed at disabled people; carers, support workers, PAs, family members, partners and friends are welcome as companions. Together! are Newham-based, but welcome participants from outside the borough. Clubs are facilitated by mid-career disabled artists, working alongside emerging and community artists.
All of their activities are FREE. Participants and volunteers under the age of 26 can earn a nationally recognised Arts Award qualification through taking part.
- The Art Club meets on Tuesdays & Fridays from 10am to 12 noon at Vicarage Lane Community Centre, Govier Close, Stratford E15 4HW
- The East London Wheelchair Dance Club meets fortnightly on Fridays from 5.15-6.15pm at Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- The Music Club takes place on the first Friday of each month from 7-9pm at Vicarage Lane Community Centre, Govier Close, Stratford London E15 4HW
- Photographers and Filmmakers Club meets from 11am-1pm on the second Monday of each month at Vicarage Lane Community Centre, Govier Close, Stratford E15 4HW
- The Pop-Up Poetry Club meets at Vicarage Lane community centre on Wednesdays from 10.30am-12pm
- Professional Development Club is aimed at professional/semi-professional and aspiring professional disabled artists. Carers who have faced career barriers because of their caring are also welcome.
Together! are currently seeking sponsors for their Clubs, which each require £500-£1000 p.a. to cover the running costs. You can make a donation to support their work by going to their Paypal page, or emailing them on email@example.com or call 07973 252751 for more information.
All venues are wheelchair-accessible
Various locations in Newham, London - please see the Together! website for details