Closing Date: 15 January 2018
Manchester International Festival
Remuneration: £16,500-18,000 PA (based on experience)
Manchester International Festival (MIF) is the world’s first festival of original, new work and special events, staged every two years. From 2020, as well as producing a biennial festival, we will also run The Factory, a new state of the art building and producing organisation in the heart of Manchester.
Sat in the heart of the team, our Administration Assistant is an integral member of the organisation. We’re looking for someone who is organised, flexible, proactive and a good communicator, as you’ll support departments across the Festival and The Factory. You’ll gain an understanding of how the entire organisation works and how each department interacts, becoming essential in the smooth day-to-day running of MIF.
• Excellent people skills –able to welcome visitors and phone callers in a warm, friendly and professional manner
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail alongside good IT skills and fluency in Word and Excel
• Able to work under pressure accurately and efficiently
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude, including a flexible approach to developing and delivering the job
• Knowledge of a diverse range of cultures and traditions, and proven ability to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• Enthusiasm for training, mentoring and support of emerging talent
• Interest in contemporary arts and culture
• Previous data entry experience