Closing Date: 15 January 2018
Manchester International Festival
Remuneration: £55,000 PA (based on experience)
Manchester International Festival (MIF) is the world’s first festival of original, new work and special events, staged every two years. From 2020, as well as producing a biennial festival, we will also run The Factory, a new state of the art building and producing organisation in the heart of Manchester.
We are seeking to appoint the perfect strategist, negotiator and communicator to join our team as Development Director. You have a great starting point to work from; in 2017 MIF raised over £2.5 million in sponsorship and had over 140 supporters. We want you to continue this work and lead a team in raising money and support from the commercial sector and individuals for future Festivals and The Factory.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with people from all backgrounds at an individual level and in group situations including excellent networking skills
• Substantial experience of success in contributing to a corporate fundraising or sales team strategy
• Proven track record of developing and writing successful proposals, applications and business documents
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
• Proven people and client management skills and ability to influence and negotiate
• A strong understanding of budgets, financial reporting and strategies
• Knowledge of a diverse range of cultures and traditions, and proven ability to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• Enthusiasm for training, mentoring and support of emerging talent.
• Experience in a business development environment with direct experience of successfully winning corporate partnerships
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for a range of arts and culture
• Experience of capital fundraising