Closing Date: 15 January 2018
Manchester International Festival
Remuneration: £45,000 PA (Negotiable)
Manchester International Festival (MIF) is the world’s first festival of original, new work and special events, staged every two years. From 2020, as well as producing a biennial festival, we will also run The Factory, a new state of the art building and producing organisation in the heart of Manchester.
From developing apps with Björk and interactive micro-sites with FKA twigs, to reaching audiences in their millions through live broadcasts of our events, MIF has always strived to be innovative in it’s digital thinking.
Our ambition to put digital at the core of what we do. We are therefore looking for a Digital innovator to lead our digital strategy. You’ll help build a new team as well as working closely with artists and the producing team, exploring new digital initiatives and partnerships in this sphere, leading a culture shift across the organisation to embed Digital thinking.
• Experience of leading teams which incorporate people from a range of backgrounds and disciplines
• Hands-on experience in creating and producing a range of digital projects, ideally with a focus on projects involving artist-led ideas
• In depth knowledge of current developments and trends in digital technology
• Understanding or the role of digital in running effective organisations
• Excellent planning and organisational skills, including budget management
• Excellent communication skills; written and verbal, including ability to work well with people who are not digitally confident
• Experience of managing multiple projects, at a range of scales and points of development, simultaneously
• Knowledge of a diverse range of cultures and traditions, and proven ability to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• Enthusiasm for training, mentoring and support of emerging talent
• Experience of working with artists to shape ideas
• Interest in a range of contemporary arts and culture
• Experience in a range of production disciplines, including audio, video, immersive and experimental technologies, as well as traditional art forms
• Experience in long-term strategic planning