Closing Date: 15 November 2018
Manchester International Festival
Remuneration: £25,000 - £35,000
For more information and to apply for this role, please visit our recruitment page.
Manchester International Festival presents commissions at a number of bespoke locations across the city.
We have recently taken on running our own ticketing function as well managing an increased Digital presence within the artistic programme itself as well as our means of producing, delivering and sharing it globally.
To facilitate this, we require a skilled network technician to take responsibility for scoping, coordinating, procuring and maintaining connectivity at multiple venues in the build up to and delivery of MIF19.
Please note – this role will, at times involve working unconventional hours due to the nature of the sites/artistic programme
• Conducting site visits to test localised connectivity, scope capacity against requirements for internal stakeholders (Technical Production, Ticketing, Broadcast and Artistic Content) and providing detailed site reports and recommendations
• Taking responsibility for installing physical and wireless networks across multiple festival sites to clearly defined timescales
• Working with Technical Production staff and external network providers to ensure appropriate ongoing maintenance of the onsite networks
• Identifying risks affecting the network platform and escalating to Senior Managers/ Producers accordingly
• Meeting with key partners, stakeholders, contractors and venue staff on the different festival sites
• Overseeing all aspects of the events/commissions which relate to network connectivity and troubleshooting where required