Closing Date: 15 January 2018
Manchester International Festival
Remuneration: £47,000-50,000 PA (based on experience)
Manchester International Festival (MIF) is the world’s first festival of original, new work and special events, staged every two years. From 2020, as well as producing a biennial festival, we will also run The Factory, a new state of the art building and producing organisation in the heart of Manchester.
As we take this step towards The Factory we’re looking for a skilled and knowledgeable Senior Production Manager who will be responsible for the technical delivery of several Productions of large scale for the future Festivals and The Factory. You’ll have the ability to manage several projects simultaneously, meeting ambitious targets and deadlines also being able to work under pressure within a dynamic and expanding organisation.
You’ll work closely with Technical Director on all technical aspects of the Factory build and installation including working through the delivery of opening and running a new cultural venue with the spirit and aspirations of MIF.
• Knowledge of a full range of the key elements of technical theatre & stage management (eg lighting, sound, video, construction, set construction, wardrobe etc), or demonstrably transferable knowledge from equivalent fields
• Ability to co-ordinate resources in a busy organisation and/or venue – with proven experience of planning, managing and monitoring budgets and resources
• Ability to learn, interpret, understand and explain technical plans and diagrams – and have proficiency in CAD, preferably generation of production, construction and working drawings with 3D visualisations
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and procedures in a venue / theatre context and ability to implement legislative requirements
• Ability to nurture the skills of individuals under their supervision. Showing strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with individuals at all levels
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, meeting artistic and financial targets and deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure within a dynamic and expanding organisation
• Knowledge of a diverse range of cultures and traditions, and proven ability to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• Enthusiasm for training, mentoring and support of emerging talent
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for a range of arts and culture
• An interest in technical innovation