Closing Date: 22 May 2018
Manchester International Festival
Remuneration: £26,000 - £30,000 PA (based on experience)
Manchester International Festival (MIF) is the world’s first festival of original, new work and special events, staged every two years. From 2020, as well as producing a biennial festival, we will also run The Factory, a new state of the art building and producing organisation in the heart of Manchester.
We’re looking for a person passionate about the development of UK based creatives, a fantastic communicator who is enthusiastic about supporting emerging talent. Our incoming Talent Development Manager should be acutely aware of the issues and trends in the growth of artists and able to shape a programme to support this, as well as having strong organisational skills.
To lead on developing an artists’ skills programme and informal creative learning opportunities at MIF. To develop work experience and placement schemes in collaboration with the Cultural Skills and Training Director at MIF leading into The Factory.
• To work closely with the Artistic, Creative, Digital and Skills and Training Directors at MIF to research and develop innovative programmes of work to build the skills, knowledge and networks of artists and creatives in Manchester and the North West, maximising the impact of international, world class artists creating work in Manchester
• To develop and manage key relationships with artists and artistic communities in Manchester
• To lead on developing the MIF Fellowship and Creative 50 programmes
• To develop a programme of skills that builds lifelong learning into MIF’s active community of participants and volunteers
• To work closely with the Cutlural Skills and Training Director to develop and integrate skills and training into MIF and The Factory with an ambition to take a sector leadership role to diversify the arts workforce
• To develop, manage and evaluate MIF’s work experience and placements programmes in collaboration with the Cultural Skills and Training Director
• To support the Development Team to generate resources for MIF’s Creative Development work alongside contributing to rigorous monitoring frameworks and evaluation processes
• To work closely with Producers to facilitate and embed talent development programmes within the programme and commissions where required
• Actively engaging with the organisation’s vision and policies regarding equal opportunities and diversity, artistic ambition, participation and engagement, health and safety, evaluation and monitoring
• Training and talent development will be central to the organisation as we approach The Factory. All job roles are expected to engage with our training and development activity, be willing to support our training programmes
• Any other duties that are commensurate with the post