Closing Date: 3 November 2017
The Mayor of London's Liberty Festival
Remuneration: £3500 x 2
This is an open call for Deaf and disabled artists looking to undertake research and development for new outdoor arts projects.
The Mayor of London’s Liberty Festival is committed to supporting new outdoor arts productions led by Deaf and disabled artists working across a variety of art forms. Over 235,000 people have attended the Liberty Festival since it first took place in 2003, with more than 300 artists and companies presenting work at Trafalgar Square, at the Southbank and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park over this period.
We are seeking to offer two Research and Development Awards for new outdoor projects led by Deaf and disabled artists, demonstrating clear potential for moving towards presentation at the Liberty Festival in the summer of 2018.
Liberty welcomes proposals from Deaf and disabled artists (or proposals led by Deaf and disabled artists working in collaboration with non-disabled artists) focusing on the following areas:
• Projects drawn from a wide range of artforms including street theatre, dance, installation, circus, music, music theatre, digital arts and spoken word
• Work which is intended to engage with diverse audiences in an accessible way, in the context of a busy outdoor festival environment
• Work which is particularly designed to encourage active participation or engagement by on-site or pre-show audiences
• Work which is suitable for future touring beyond the Liberty Festival itself
• Small and medium scale outdoor work suitable for daytime presentation and flexible enough to work in variety of spaces.
This opportunity is open to both individuals and organisations where the creative lead is by a person who self identifies as Deaf or disabled. It is open to practitioners working in any art form that can be presented outdoors.
We have a budget of up to £7,000 to invest in R&D.
We expect to offer support to two proposals with a maximum investment of £3,500 each.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 3 November 2017.
Please click on this link to download full details of the opportunity and an application form , visit: www.festival.org/about/involved/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org for full details including timeline, eligibility criteria and an application form.