Closing Date: 15 February 2019
The Art House
The Art House is seeking proposals from individual artists who would like to develop their practice through one of three solo residencies at our purpose-built studios in Wakefield. This opportunity is open to artists working in any medium, and at least one of the residencies will be awarded to a disabled artist.
We will provide a month-long residency to three artists at The Art House including:
– An artist’s fee of £1,500
– A materials budget, up to a maximum of £750
– Travel expenses, up to a maximum of £250
– Free accommodation in our flat, within The Art House building
– Free studio space in The Art House
– Access to our print studio with screen print, etching, and laser cutter facilities
– An opportunity to show either a new body of work or work in progress created during the residency in our exhibition space
– 1-2-1 support from the programme team in producing, developing, and discussing your work and critical practice. We will talk with selected artists prior to the start of the residency and work to develop a programme of support which suits your needs
– We are happy to discuss how the offer can be changed to suit your needs.
We will accept proposals from artists who would like to work collaboratively with another artist, although the fee will then be shared between collaborators.
Each residency will run for five weeks and culminate in an exhibition, event, or series of events in one of the following slots:
29 April – 31 May 2019, with a public event on 29 May 2019
1 July – 2 August 2019, with a public event on 25 July 2019 (sculpture focus)
2 March 2020 – 3 April 2020, with a public event on 25 March 2020
As the July residency will be happening during the Yorkshire Sculpture International festival, we are keen to work in this period with an artist whose practice is particularly concerned with sculpture.
Applications are via CuratorSpace, for alternative application formats please contact us.