Closing Date: 15 November 2018
Manchester International Festival
Remuneration: £24,000 - £28,000
For more information and to apply for this role, please visit our recruitment page.
To work with the Press & PR Manager and Director of Press & PR on press activity for Manchester International Festival (MIF), which reflects the vision and ambition of the organisation and promotes its activities, regionally, nationally and internationally, including The Factory.
Monitor and assess the effectiveness of the team’s campaigns and activity.
• Work closely with the Press & PR Manager and the Press & PR Director to communicate the aims and activities of MIF to the media
• Assist the Press & PR Director and retained PR consultants in devising and delivering innovative press campaigns for Festival events
• Work with the Press & PR Manager to identify media opportunities for other MIF activities, including the creative engagement programme, international touring work and opportunities arising from funding partnerships
• Respond to queries from the media
• Draft clear and effective press releases to help maximise coverage for the Festival
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with all key press and media contacts locally and regionally
• Help organise and run press launches and events to promote MIF
• Maintain ticket books for Festival events and manage a press desk as required; evening and weekend work will be required
• Monitor Festival presence in the media, including circulating clippings and preparing media reports for the organisation and to relevant external contacts
• Maintain up-to-date press lists for national and local media including the Festival’s Artifax CRM database (contacts and events)
• Help maintain the photo archive for Manchester International Festival and ensure distribution to appropriate press via the MIF FTP site
• Work with the Marketing Team to support MIF’s social media strategy and digital activity as appropriate
• Provide admin support to Director of Press & PR; to include maintenance of department filing system, diary management, travel, hospitality booking etc
• Any other duties commensurate with the scope and status of the post