Closing Date: 30 June 2017
Theatre Royal Plymouth
Remuneration: Training Opportunity
The Lab Company aims to support the development of early career artists. We are looking for individuals who will be supported to form a theatre company and create a new performance piece in the Lab studio at the Theatre Royal Plymouth.
The project will provide:
• The chance to meet other artists, share ideas and start new collaborations
• Intensive training with the Theatre Royal Plymouth’s Staff Director
• Access to Theatre Royal Plymouth facilities
• Workshops with some of the best theatre companies in the country (Told by an Idiot, Frantic Assembly etc)
• Professional advice, signposting and mentoring by industry professionals
• A supported opportunity to create and show a new piece of theatre in a professional environment
• Employment opportunities at the Theatre Royal Plymouth
• Expenses for Lab Company workshop/rehearsal days
Who is it for?
Early Career Artists aged 18-30. This is ideal for recent graduates, those taking a gap year or those in part time employment.
Applications are welcomed from performers in the main, but there will also be a limited number of opportunities for those skills in dramaturgy, writing, directing, producing, theatre design and music. We looking to form an ensemble company so all should be prepared to try everything.
When does it take place?
Sept 17-July 18, mostly Thursday mornings and all day Fridays during term time. There will also be 2 intensive weeks in the year.
How do I get involved?
or contact email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9am 30th June 17
Auditions: 17th – 19th July