Earlier this year, Deborah Caulfield set herself a challenge. She had an old sketch pad lying around. It had 39 pages. The task was to fill the sketchbook with a new self-portrait every day for 39 days.
- The sketch/note book must be one that I already own – no new purchases.
- The sketchbook must be unused, ie all pages to be blank at the start.
- Sit in the same chair for every drawing.
- Draw every day until all pages are filled.
- Spend no more than one hour on each drawing
Take a look at some of the results for yourself:
But then Deborah decided to go a step further. She turned her portraits into a short film, with original music provided by her daughter.
Will you take up Deborah’s portrait challenge? Or devise your own? We will add the results to a showcase page if you do.
Please email submissions to: email@example.com