I wonder what would happen if every birth came with a side effect leaflet, would there be less births? Do we care about the pain of existence for some people? What happens if you have an overdose of people? Or an overdose of pain that no tablet can touch? I can only outline the side effects, my only remedy is making art.
Here is what the side effect leaflet might say:
Package leaflet: Information for the impatient
HUMAN BEINGS IN EXTRA PAIN
Read all this leaflet carefully before you start taking this because it contains important information for you.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
- Ask someone older if you need more information or advice.
- If you get any side effects, tough titty.
What is this human and what is it used for?
Humans are made from the following ingredients: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus, potassium, sulphur, sodium, chlorine, and magnesium, and nipples.
We don’t know what it is used for.
Like all life, being human can cause side effects.
Some side effects are more likely to occur than others, depending on how exploited or oppressed you are.
Most common side effects of being human:
- May cause drowsiness if you are overworked and underpaid.
- Dreams may or may not come true.
- Can be a headache
- Will be painful at times.
- Anxiety and existential dread
- Heart will be broken many times
- Some people may have a severe allergic reaction to it.
- Sexual problems – you may not get any
- Appetite changes – you could go hungry
How to store a human
Shelter, warmth, and love, and keep out of reach of hatred, greed, war and tutus.