Cha Cha Chairs are a wheelchair dance group based in Chelmsford, Essex, run by Jane Hambling who has been a wheelchair Ballroom and Latin dancer for 6 years. She trained as an inclusive dance instructor with Para Dance UK and has entered various wheelchair Ballroom and Latin competitions in the UK with the aim of going further afield.
Jane believes dance should be accessible to everyone regardless of their disability and/or medical condition and is on a mission to make wheelchair dance more known and to spread the message that anyone can dance If they are given the opportunity.
At Cha Cha Chairs our Services are:
• One to One Adult Wheelchair Ballroom and Latin Lessons
• One to One Children Wheelchair Ballroom and Latin Lessons (from age 5)
• Adult Wheelchair Ballroom and Latin Groups
• Children Wheelchair Ballroom and Latin Groups (from age 5)
• Adult Inclusive Dance Groups
• Children’s Inclusive Dance Groups (from age 5)
• Wheelchair Wedding Dance Lessons
• Dementia friendly Group
• Seated Inclusive Dance Groups
• Rehabilitation Inclusive Dance Groups
Inclusive Dance is movement to music, it is great for people with limited mobility and/or if you are recovering from an operation, stroke or illness Inclusive Dance is for you.
Jane has also been the choreographer for Jackie – a play about wheelchair Ballroom and Latin due to open in 2020. She is also one of the ambassadors for Lifestyle and Mobility