About our organisation
Disability Arts Online is an arts organisation led by disabled people. We nurture creativity and critique from a disability perspective. We occupy a unique global position with our UK-based website, partnership and consultancy work, artist development programmes and vibrant community of disabled creatives. Our activity is delivered across the UK and we reach an international audience. Although our registered address is in Brighton, we have a staff team of five working remotely and freelancers in a variety of locations.
We support the development of disabled artists and writers through:
- One-to-one sessions on a variety of subjects (more information here).
- Blogging opportunities (email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss if you’d like to start blogging).
- Commissions to write for our online magazine (email email@example.com to discuss commissioning opportunities).
- Showcasing and featuring artists in our online magazine.
- Reviewing and critiquing.
- An Associate Artist scheme.
- Guest Editorships twice a year.
- Signposting to other opportunities via the Directory and Jobs and Events listings.
- A profile to promote your work via our Artists Directory.
The core of our artistic programme centres on discussion and critique of arts and culture from a disability perspective. This can be found in the pages of our online magazine, via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and through the monthly Disability…And Podcast produced in partnership with Graeae Theatre Company.
Complementing our magazine, we also produce and co-produce events responding to current hot topics in arts and culture through showcasing and discussing work in disability and mainstream contexts. Through project funding, we occasionally commission new work and publish a zine annually.