Thanks to the Sussex Crisis Fund Disability Arts Online are able to offer the following opportunities to Sussex-based disabled artists to increase one-to-one support time we can offer artists in the region.
Artist zoom socials
We are looking to convene informal events to ask Sussex-based disabled artists what projects you are working on and to find out ways we might support those projects
- Through commissioning artist talks or opinion pieces.
- Profiling your work on Disability Arts Online.
- Supporting audience or project development through signposting potential collaborators.
The first session is 4pm-5.30pm on Friday 9th October via zoom. To book your place or discuss this support further email email@example.com
Artist Development Sessions
One-to-one artist development sessions with our team of experts are available now. Each session lasts about an hour and is carried out via Skype, telephone or FaceTime. DAO staff will take notes during the session and provide you with a copy of these, including a plan of actions after your session via email. DAO staff may not always be experts in your given area, but can usually provide good general advice and support you to identify barriers and solutions. The more information you can provide ahead of the session, the more prepared staff can be to support you. Go to our Artist Development Session page for background information about Trish Wheatley, Colin Hambrook and Joe Turnbull.
Sessions are bookable by emailing Cathy Waller firstname.lastname@example.org, and can cover one of our nine topics:
- Writing about your work
- Arts writing/journalism
- Developing an artistic project or idea and pitching it to funders
- Developing your understanding of disability arts and its history
- How to make connections with other artists and organisations (including DAO facilitating introductions and writing letters of support where appropriate)
- How to blog on DAO
- Setting up and planning your WordPress site/maintaining an artist’s website
- Social Media as a promotional or artistic tool
- Budgeting your project