• A freelance independent practitioner?
• Do you work in the arts and/or health sector?
• Are you working or living in Brighton & Hove?
We want to support you! Join the Arts & Health Network, Brighton & Hove.
Creative Future is one of the partners in the Hera Partnership. We are delivering a 3-year arts-focused social prescribing programme supporting people across Brighton & Hove. Part of the work we’re doing is to set up a support network for freelance arts & health practitioners working in this field.
The network aims to:
• Build connections in and for the arts & health sector
• Provide peer support opportunities
• Offer regular updates about useful information & resources, work & training opportunities & collaborations, and national & international perspectives
Our first meeting is via Zoom on Tuesday 23 March, 10 am – 12 pm. This will be hosted by Jane McMorrow (Director of Creative Future) & Emma Drew (Robin Hood Health Foundation) and will provide an opportunity to present the ideas behind the network.
Each quarter we will invite an artist, practitioner, or organisation along to talk about a specific programme or project that will highlight examples of best practice.
Agenda for the first meeting
• 10 am – 10.15 am Introductions – Jane & Emma to intro the network and plans moving forward. Q&A
• 10.15 am – 10.45 am Daniel Regan talks about his experience of setting up The Arts & Health Hub, London
• 10.45 am – 11 am Intro to Dominique De-Light to discuss facilitated Peer Support Group meetings and what they can offer
• 11 am – 11.30 am – Breakout rooms for smaller group sessions. Each group is given a discussion point
• 11.30 am – 12.00 pm Sharing of feedback from breakouts & close