Signal Film and Media is partnering with ScreenSkills, the industry-led skills body for the UK’s screen-based creative industries to offer this exciting 5-day Art Direction course, open to experienced people already working as Assistant Art Directors or as Art Directors on independent, lower budget projects but who are looking to move up the ladder. By supporting the British Film Institute’s inclusion strategy we have created this course in response, to offer an opportunity to break into the film industry for those who may identify as: Female | BAME | LGBTQ+ | D/deaf and Disabled. It’s open to anyone with 3-5yrs experience not already studying at university and there are also bursaries available to support travel, child-care & accommodation costs.
We’ve attracted fantastic talent with Course Lead SIMON WALKER (Downton Abbey, Calibre, Lady Parts and People Just Do Nothing) and guest panellists: THALIA ECCLESTONE (Killing Eve, Beast & Louis Wain.); LARA GENOVESE (The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, Jurassic World 3 and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil) and MAY JENNIFER DAVIES (BAFTA X Crew member. The Importance of Being Oscar) & there’s more TBA!
This subsidised 5-day film and tv training course will cost £35 for the week (exclusive of travel and accommodation) and is based in Barrow-in-Furness, next to the beautiful Cumbrian Lake District. It’s open to anyone not already studying at university and there are also bursaries available to support travel, child-care & accommodation costs.
This Continuous Professional Development course will involve:
– Taking an in-depth look at the key roles and responsibilities of an art director
– Showing the best progression routes
– 1:1 Skills Audit & CV surgery
– Script Breakdowns: Identifying & troubleshooting issues
– Professional Practises: Technical drawing & Construction Processes
– Different Filmmaking models: studio vs location
– Guest Panel Q&A with art directors, assistant art directors, supervising art directors and standby art directors
– Optional Set Visit
– Further networking opportunities
Deadline for applications: 12 noon, 30th December 2019
Visit website to apply or please feel welcome to contact Kezz with any additional application support needs.
Wheelchair accessible ground floor space; hearing loop; captioning