Closing Date: 10 May 2021
Activate Performing Arts
Remuneration: £27,000 pro-rata
1 year part-time contract, 3 days per week – flexible
Salary: £27,000 pro rata PAYE
Closes: midday on Monday 10th May 2021
Activate believe extraordinary moments connect and uplift us all.
Our mission is to create opportunities for everyone through the performing arts.
Our Marketing & Communications Manager is having a baby, so we seek someone to hold the fort in an action packed and exciting year ahead. Not only are we bringing back our Inside Out Dorset festival this September after we had to postpone in 2020; we will also be celebrating our 30th birthday, following the reveal of our re-brand and new website this Spring!
Some of the essential things we are looking for:
• You will be based in or on the edge of Dorset. We are flexible but need someone who can regularly work in the office in Dorchester and be on the ground for the festival
• You will have 3 years+ experience in arts marketing, creating campaigns and making them happen
• A proven track record of delivering results and coming up with plans and ideas and persuading others to support these
• A great project manager who is highly organised
• Confidence with maintaining our presence online via our new website and social media
• Experience in managing tight budgets and an ‘eye for detail’.
You will lead on the marketing and communications strategy for Activate: focussing on promoting our Inside Out Dorset Festival taking place this September, other marketing for the organisation and supporting colleagues to deliver specific marketing on other projects. You will help us to deliver on our Audience Development Plan with a clear mind on who we are working with or trying to reach. Whilst developing strategic marketing plans for different areas of the organisation you must be confident in managing your time to also deliver marketing activity on a day-to-day basis. You will help to roll out our new branding (in place March 2021) and website in our 30th year where we celebrate being able to bring people together again. You will be adept at managing a team of creative freelancers who help to bring our vision to life.