Closing Date: 9 July 2021
Location: Remote / UK
This job description can also be shared in video or audio format. Please get in touch if that’s preferable for you firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bua is a marketing agency, operating as a social enterprise, that aims to diversify the marketing and advertising sector. Bua achieves this by hiring and training neurodiverse and disabled people, including those with long-term health conditions, to deliver high-quality outcomes for clients.
We are building a roster of freelance B2B copywriter(s) for some incoming work we expect in the next 3 months. The number of days will depend on the project. According to your needs, we can adjust the project over more or less days, depending on if you prefer to work in a part-time capacity or have other commitments (personal or professional).
We are committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. You will be treated in a fair and equal manner regardless of your gender, marital status, race, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Please share any reasonable adjustments in your application so we can accommodate those during the interview and recruitment process.
What you will do:
– Research the client company, whose voice you are writing in.
– Research the web page(s) and product(s) you are aiming to promote.
– Write specified-length of text (formatting not required).
– Edit your work following client feedback.
This position is remote and open to UK candidates that are already self-employed and/or freelancing. You must hold the legal right to live and work in the UK without restrictions.
This position is paid by the day, whether that’s a full or part-time rate.
– You should be able to adapt your writing to different audiences.
– You should be able to translate complex technological solutions into snappy copy, whether that’s for advertisements, promotional event registration pages or blog posts.
– You are organised, and adhere to deadlines.
– You have good attention to detail, and always ensure your work is as accurate as possible.
– You could have a technical background, and are able to quickly understand technical solutions and write clear copy for readers. Or you might have a marketing background, and are able to digest technical solutions into digestible text.
Please send in the following:
Two copywriting samples – preferably B2B and/or technology industries, but please include other examples if that’s your expertise. This could include social media posts, blogs, articles or any ghost-writing examples.
Your CV. Exceptional Individuals has some tips if you need any guidance.
A short paragraph showcasing your copywriting skills, for this brief:
Write a paid LinkedIn post promoting this web page. This should include a title (<70 characters),
introductory copy (<150 characters), description (<300 characters) and your wording and/or design ideas for an advertisement display image. The aim is to get the audience to click on the web page and trial the
What the interview process will be:
A select number of candidates will be invited for an interview over Zoom, Google Meets or phone call, depending on your preference. This will be up to 30 minutes long.
This will be a conversation between us, where you will have the opportunity to introduce yourself personally and professionally, including any experience you have copywriting and/or working in B2B technology. You could also include where you are based, what hobbies or interests you have, who you live with, whether you have any pets, any other companies you might have worked for and working environments you have enjoyed in the past.
You will also be asked to answer some questions that will be shared in advance.
If successful, you will be added to a roster of freelancers that will receive email notifications of copywriting work in the future.
Please send your application by Friday 9th July for rolling interviews to email@example.com. If you have any questions before or after your application, please also reach out!