Closing Date: 23 November 2020
City Arts (Nottingham)
City Arts is seeking a Chair for our Board of Trustees. You should have proven strategic knowledge and the vision to lead the Trustees in their governance role. You will support City Arts and its staff to deliver against the organisation’s mission, business goals and creative ambitions in a challenging and uncertain environment.
City Arts was founded in 1977. A community arts charity, it exists to inspire creativity amongst the communities of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
The role of the Chair is to hold the Board and Executive Team to account for the organisation’s mission. You will:
– provide inclusive leadership to the Board of Trustees
– ensure that each trustee fulfills their duties and responsibilities
– support and, where appropriate, challenge the Chief Executive
– ensure that the Board functions effectively
– work closely with the charity’s leadership to achieve agreed objectives
– act as an ambassador for, and the public face of, City Arts, alongside the Director
This is a voluntary position with an initial term of three years. Download the application pack.
POSITIVE ACTION STATEMENT
We particularly encourage applications from Black people, people of colour and disabled people, who are currently under-represented in the City Arts workforce.
City Arts is committed to increasing the diversity of our board. We believe that inviting and supporting applications from people with a diverse range of backgrounds, identities and life experiences strengthens the work that we do.
If there’s anything about this recruitment process or the way we’ve promoted this opportunity that has created barriers to you applying, please let us know. We will do our best to support you and improve how we do things in the future.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com.
– a covering letter stating why you consider yourself a good fit for this post (in a maximum 3 sides of A4)
– your CV
– a completed Equalities and Diversity Monitoring Form.
You can also post these documents to The Chair, City Arts (Nottingham), 11-13 Hockley, Nottingham, NG1 1FH.
The deadline for applications is Monday 23rd November 2020 (12 noon).
Shortlisted applicants will be informed on Monday, 30th November 2020. Interviews will take place on Monday, 18th January 2021. You will be notified by email or telephone.
If you have not heard from us by Monday 30th November 2020 you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview. Regrettably, we will not be able to respond to feedback requests from applicants who are not invited to interview.