Closing Date: 11 December 2019
Future Fires is a programme which supports young artists to develop a socially-engaged art project in their own communities. During the twelve-month programme, Future Fires will receive high-level training and mentoring to develop their creative practice, leadership and project management skills. Once the training is completed, Future Fires will receive up to £1000 of funding to make it happen!
If you are passionate about the arts and activism, keen to develop your skills, self-motivated, committed and want to make a difference in communities, then Future Fires could be for you.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO:
• Are aged 18-30 and based in Greater Manchester
• Have an idea for a project in a community and need support to develop it
• Passionate about the arts and communities, self-motivated and keen to learn
• Want to develop new skills and experience to build a career in the arts and community development
• Have the desire and flexibility to commit to the programme over 12 months (January –December 2020)
WHAT YOU WILL GET BY JOINING:
• Access to £1000 worth of funding
• Intensive training weekends with Contact experts
• Access to events and learning opportunities with artists and community leaders
• Peer learning opportunities through the Future Fires 2020 cohort
• Bespoke mentoring throughout your time on the programme
• Support in finding and applying to funding opportunities
• Development of leadership skills and access to important networks
• Development of arts/community project skills – e.g. writing funding applications, branding, budget management and evaluation methods
If you have any questions, please contact Rose Sergent, Leadership Projects Coordinator – email@example.com / 0161 274 0625
Contact has a long-standing commitment to diversity in its programming, producing, staffing and community engagement. We actively seek applications from the widest range of applicants.