Closing Date: 14 January 2021
The Board of Trustees for Hijinx is looking to appoint a treasurer to work with Hijinx to support and champion the company as it continues to grow and challenge; providing expertise and advice to steer the charity’s strategy and oversee its management and governance.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is excited by our mission to pioneer, produce and promote opportunities for neurodivergent actors and shares our values of integrity, ambition, equity and excellence.
Hijinx is committed to ensuring an equitable working environment. We actively seek board members to reflect a multitude of experiences and backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from people who are ethnically and culturally diverse, and who experience racism in our society, people from the LGBTQ+ community, and people with a disability.
In addition to the wider responsibilities as a trustee, the treasurer is a trustee with a specific role on the board.
The treasurer is elected or appointed to this role as set out in the charity’s governing document and can only take on specific duties if they have been authorised to do so by the Board.
The treasurer helps trustees carry out their financial responsibilities. This will include:
– Presenting financial reports to the board in a format that helps the board understand the charity’s financial position
– Advising the board on how to carry out its financial responsibilities
– Liaising with the Chief Executive
– Overseeing the preparation and scrutiny of annual accounts
– Ensuring that proper accounting records are kept, and financial resources are properly invested and economically spent
– Chairing any finance sub-groups and reporting back to the Board
We’re looking for someone financially trained (ideally a chartered accountant), ambitious and forward-thinking to help us to grow and improve our financial resilience and long-term stability.
Potential applicants would need to demonstrate a commitment to the organisation and its aims, mission and values and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort – we anticipate this will be approximately 2-4 hours per month.