Closing Date: 5 August 2021
The Head of Scheduling is responsible for developing a scheduling function for the organisation, setting up, implementing and managing systems and processes which enable:
• the efficient use of space within the Factory and its Public Realm
• the identification of space within the schedule for programming opportunities
• clear visibility of the organisation’s work in the Factory, internationally, in the digital realm, the Festivals and the off-site Creative Engagement work.
• accurate resource planning for the delivery of this whole programme of work (producing, technical, visitor services, digital, press, marketing etc) in the short and long term
• the curatorial team to programme confidently within a planning cycle of anything up to 4 or 5 years
You will own and manage the end to end scheduling process including ownership of the Scheduling System and managing the schedule on a daily basis to ensure seamless planning and delivery of all the organisation’s activity. You will drive the development and maintenance of organizationally agreed principles and guidelines for scheduling of activity.
To lead the implementation and development of the organisation’s Scheduling System including working closely with the third party software provider on launch and integration of the scheduling software
To define, own and manage the end to end processes of Scheduling in the organization, including working with internal and external stakeholders, owning the relationship with the 3rd party software provider and identifying improvements to optimise processes
To define and maintain a set of organizational principles about how space resource is used and prioritized and to devise and implement a system for booking of space within the Factory, ensuring spaces and activities are scheduled efficiently and sustainably
To effectively integrate non-performance activity with performance calendars and technical schedules and co-ordinate use of all spaces including identifying gaps in the schedule for programming purposes. In particular, taking into account the flexible nature of Factory’s spaces and the differing configurations of the space
To develop and implement an internal communications strategy for all scheduling information across the organization, including the dissemination of differing levels of information to different departments as required
To line manage support staff in the scheduling team