Closing Date: 19 July 2019
Proteus Theatre Company
Location: Basingstoke and touring nationally
Remuneration: £5000 flat fee, plus accommodation while on tour.
Proteus are looking for an experienced technical Production Stage Manager to oversee all technical aspects, including lighting and sound, of their national tour of Macbeth this autumn. This role is suited to someone with a wide range of technical skills.
• Supervising get-ins and get-outs
• Driving the touring vehicle to and from venues
• Managing post-show discussions in partnership with venue staff
• Final decommission including pack-down, clear-up and return of set, costume and equipment to storage as required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Experience of production relights and programming lighting desks
• Proven ability to programme and operate sound
• Ability to interpret ground plans and technical specifications, and adapt production parameters accordingly, to ensure a high standard of technical presentation
• Experience of self-cueing performances
• Experience of liaising with venues regarding technical requirements and Front of House procedures
• Full driving licence
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Previous experience of mid-scale touring
• Experience of driving 3.5t long wheelbase van
The successful applicant will be required for two pre-production meetings in early September, then in rehearsal in Basingstoke from 23rd September, opening on the 14th October and touring until 10th November. An ASM will be provided whilst touring.
£5000 flat fee, plus accommodation while on tour.
Please send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on 19th July consisting of:
• C.V. detailing relevant experience
• A covering letter that outlines how you fulfil the requirements and how you would approach the project.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a face-to-face interview at Proteus Creation Space, Basingstoke, during w/c 5th August. Phone or Skype interviews are available if necessary.