Closing Date: 21 August 2019
The Spark Arts for Children
Vital Spark is a four-year programme which aims to address the lacking diversity in the children’s sector by working with a talented group of BAME, D/deaf & Disabled artists through professional development, the commissioning and producing of new work.
Opportunities for artists include the following:
– Artist Development Programme: a nine-month programme aimed at developing artists individual practice when creating work for children and young people.
– Ideas Fund: seed commissioning of new, bold and exciting ideas for work for children and young people.
The programme is supported by partner organisations across the country, including; Attenborough Arts Centre, Arts Depot, Ovalhouse, Travelling Light Theatre, Warwick Arts Centre, and Z-arts.
You can follow the Vital Spark discussion on the blog where we share updates on the programme as well as artist news and updates.
Applications for 2019-20 now open
- an experienced artist working in a performance-based art form?
- passionate about the arts for children and young people?
- interested in making performance work for children and young people aged 0-13?
- someone who could help us address the lacking diversity in the sector?
Vital Spark Roadshows
In June and July 2019 we’ll be travelling across the country to meet artists interested in the Vital Spark programme. This is a chance to learn more about the programme, ask any questions and meet other artists and venue staff. Find out more by clicking here.