Closing Date: 26 February 2021
The National Foundation for Youth Music
What you would do as a trustee:
• Use your insight and experience to help us achieve our goals and ambitions.
• Contribute to strategic thinking and planning particularly regarding future direction.
• Act as an ambassador for the charity.
• Attend four board meetings and one away day each year plus project visits, events and other meetings as and when required.
Whilst it is voluntary, we will make sure that you are reimbursed for any expenses you have incurred in your role as a Youth Music trustee.
The skills and attributes we’re looking for:
We are particularly looking for candidates who have specific expertise in any of the following fields: finance, communications and brand development. Although not an essential criterion, we are also seeking candidates who have experience in safeguarding strategies and policies,
You do not necessarily need to have any previous experience of being a Trustee, however we’re looking for people who are:
• Passionate about the work of Youth Music – making sure the barriers to young people participating in and progressing their music-making and career aspirations are removed.
• Committed to and knowledgeable about equality, diversity and inclusion.
• Has knowledge of, and can speak about, the issues facing young people and particularly young musicians.
• Is willing to spend time getting inducted into the work of Youth Music, preparing for meetings, and doing any follow-up work they commit to.
• Can think strategically, critically and maintain confidentiality.