Susanne Dagmar Olsen was born on a farm near Overvindinge, Denmark. She currently works in oil, acrylic, watercolour, linocut, print and photography. She says:
“Art reflects you as the person you are. I work in a broad range of media and genres, because I think you get the best results when you do what you like most. My art is expressive, naturalistic and often contains lyrical content. I like to weight my work with strong contrasts between black and white, and colour. My subject matter ranges from animals, flowers and figures, mainly portraiture.”
She has exhibited and sold work widely in the US and in the UK, including:
- Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute, Minnesota,
- Foothills Art Center, Colorado,
- Rochester Contemporary Art Center, New York;
- Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital, Pennsylvania;
- Helligåndshuset, Copenhagen on a project working with homeless people.
- Creative Future, 2014 – Tight Modern;
- Art With A Heart 2016 – Sensored,
- Shape Open 2017 – Power: The Politics of Disability.
She takes commissions for portraits to order. You can see more of her work here.